Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mount Rainier National Park

The trip to Mount Rainier was well worth the effort. I am constantly amazed at the diversity of landscapes in our nation. I am also grateful to the government that had the foresight and vision to set aside land like this for public use. I don't think that is the fact that I am just easily amazed because Phillip and Gaylen both seem to share my sentiments.These trips are truly educational. We go over and over in our conversations about the things that each of us have seen and what they mean and how we interpret them in our own way. I wish that everyone would have a chance to see the miracle of creation in what we see. Maybe it is that we are older and mostly retired that we are better able to enjoy and appreciate the environment and our natural surroundings. It is almost spiritual. After we left Mount Rainier and all of its wonder we headed for Mount St. Helens. It was late in the afternoon but we thought we had plenty of time to see the mountain and get back to where we had planned to stay for the night. Well things never go quite as planned!ROM

No comments:

Post a Comment